Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Life Moments

Chelle told me my blog conscience was pricking me to tell me I needed to update my blog. I've been wanting to do it forever, but just haven't gotten around to it. My slacking in blogdom began about two months ago when we moved and everything got crazy. Needless to say, the move changed my whole routine of things and it hasn't been quite the same since.

BUT, I have been busy. Here's a glimpse into happenings of late.

Have been working on this, and I'm pretty excited about it:


I've pretty much decided that I'm in on this as long as I can get through the 18-miler scheduled for this weekend. I would be running it with my lovely, dear friend ('cause we're in this together), but will be out of town, so we're both doing it on our own.

Also, I've been wanting one of these forever, and just finally got this yesterday:


















...and have started this project:

I've been cutting strips of fabric in all sorts of reds, greens, browns, some tans and yellows, and then cutting those strips into blocks for a patchwork quilt that I'm making. It's my first and I'm really excited about it. Excited enough that I work on it instead of taking a nap when my boys go down in the afternoon...and that's big! I am so anxious to get sewing, and now that I have my Bernina, I can! Wish me luck 'cause I'm gonna need it!

Other things include watching wildlife:

Enjoying a romantic evening:

...at the house where we are going to live in a few months:

Attending races as part of the "Triple Trail Challenge" Mr. C. has been participating in (Good Job, Babe!):

And, like always, chasing these two crazies around all day, which is enough right there:


And just 'cause this post is primarily pictures, I thought I'd leave you with one of my favorite quotes/reminders to help me gauge if I'm living my life like I want to be and becoming the type of person I hope to be one day:

"Give to your enemy forgiveness, to your opponent tolerance, to your friend your heart, to all men charity, for the hands that help are holier than lips that pray, to every child a good example, and to yourself---respect.
'Mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again."
---Howard W. Hunter

We are off to a cabin for the rest of the week. I'll be sure to take some pictures and post about it when we get back.

Have a great Labor Day.

xo

p.s. Two of my girlfriends are new in blogdom and just started their blogs, and I thought I'd give a shout out to their pages to get some people visiting their sites. Check out Britt and Karyn...two people I admire and love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...