Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Revisited

The men in the house were gone for the night on Friday, so it was just the kids and I at home. I thought about how we would celebrate Valentines day the next day, how we would welcome them home.

It ended up being a pretty stressful day for me (probably because I always want to do more than I probably should try to do with three kids 2+ and under), but it was fun too. This is what we ended up with.

We woke up to this outside our windows.
It was beautiful.
We listened to love songs on the radio and ate red cupid pancakes for breakfast.

The boys ate theirs with peanut butter and maple syrup with colored sprinkles on top.



Then we hung hearts on our back door to greet folks coming home.

When the boys were napping I changed this gal into a valentine-ish outfit and snapped a few shots.


My mom dropped in with a valentine: these beauties and money that is strictly to be used for us to do something fun together -- for a sweethearts night out. The roses alone made me so happy. I must be just traditional -- I absolutely love deep, blood red roses. This photo does not do them justice.

Before everyone got home, we hung hearts from doorways to bedrooms,

and placed valentines by their pillows (see plate with heart-shaped brownies in background).

I was happy last night when Scott was home again. Over eight years after meeting him, dating, lots of letters, a proposal, a wedding, almost five years of marriage and three kids later,
I still love him.
I hope you had a happy love day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...