Wednesday, April 04, 2012

A Daily Focus

Each day this week we're doing scriptural readings from Christ's last week.
It's a daily focus for holy week.
Christ's triumphal entry into Jerusalem.
His teaching on the two great commandments.
The Last Supper.
The Sacrament.
The Garden of Gethsemane and the betrayal.
Pilate's piercing question, "Art thou a King, then?"
The crucifixion.
And, on Easter morning, John chapter 20 -- my favorite account of Resurrection morning.

Each evening I write the scriptural passage for the next day on a small piece of paper and tuck it inside a plastic egg, accompanied by 3 small M&Ms -- one for each child.
The game is that they get to hunt for it every day, and if by evening time they haven't found it, I'll give them clues.
(Isaiah's triumphant discovery last evening.)

I love this week; the time to focus and ponder, reflect on the very small understanding I have of what it means, mostly focus on filling my heart with gratitude for such a magnificent gift.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...