Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Family Time

In a letter I was writing to a friend last week, I found myself drifting off about motherhood.
I remember saying something about how I suppose there are a variety of paths I could have chosen with my life.
But, had I chosen not to have a family, I would have missed out on what, for me, has been the grand joy and privilege of my life.

It doesn't get any better for me than time with my husband and kids.

Meal times.
Working in the yard together.
Family bikerides.
Reading together.
Talking.
Laughing.

Last night as I was getting ready to go to bed, I found myself thinking about how inspired this document is.  I believe it is the key to happiness and security.

Monday night, we ate dinner together.

Then, we had pumpkin carving
and dancing
 and hot chocolate.
Today, as I was making some finishing cuts on Mia's pumpkin for tonight's glowing on the porch, Benji declared, "I think jack-o-lanterns are kind of like a happy jail."
Hope you have lots of "happy jails" glowing in your neighborhood tonight!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...