Thursday, February 12, 2015

Alleluia

Dear Miss Claire,
I've been on a major Patty Griffin kick lately, and her version of "All Creatures of Our God and King" on her "Downtown Church" album has been a frequent stopping place.
Love it.
There have been times where it has been played, again and again, while I'm cleaning up the kitchen or cooking.
Recently, while I was loading the dishwasher and it was on repeat,
morning sunshine streaming into the kitchen, I went to stick some dishes in and you came over by me.  It was so fortuitous because I caught you singing, "La-Lay-Loo," your own version of the "Alleluia" you were hearing.
Later, in the car, I heard you add the last syllable.
"La-Lay-Loo-La."

Yep, babe.

I'd listen to you sing praises all day.

I hope you always help me remember the majesty of God.

And I hope you'll always remember that 
I sing in praise every day, to God, for you.
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...