Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tears

I've cried so many tears in the last year and a half.
More than I ever have in my life, I think.

Tears of sorrow.
Tears of gratitude.
Tears of sadness.
Goodbye tears.
Afraid tears.
Overwhelmed tears.
Tears of regret.
Tears of inadequacy.
Tears full of love.
Tears full of hope.
Tears in the quiet, alone -- just me and God.
Tears in the arms of friends.
Tears on the phone.
Tears while texting.
Tears when I'm out running.
Tears of amazement, as you stand there humbled.

So many, many tears.

And the other night, on the couch, shedding yet some more...
I found myself thinking about how they've washed me.

Those tears have washed my heart out, let it all rush through and out and around.
So cleansing.
So healing.

Sometimes, crying is the very best thing to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...