Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Morning Work

Yesterday morning I went outside and unwound the hose in the front to water the hydrangea, geraniums, the hanging basket and pots by the door, my daisies (remember You've Got Mail: "Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"), and our bed of happy petunias. 
Then to the backyard, watering pots of geraniums, a hanging basket with purple flowers, and the herb planter with basil, rosemary, and lemon thyme. 
I went to put the sprinkler in the garden, and pretty soon all four kids were out there with me. We were talking about this and that as we pulled some weeds.


  
There were bell peppers, 
baby jalapeƱos (we talked about making salsa!),
spaghetti squash, 
happy onions, 
zucchini (we picked a big one!), 
rhubarb,
cucumbers (this is one that was picked last week), 
tomatoes (turn red!), 
beans and beets and carrots,
corn as tall as me, 
and bees in the squash flowers. 
Those minutes made my whole morning.
I love time with my people,
and this green space is going to give us lots of yummy food. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...