Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Car Talk

Tonight I was thinking again about something Claire said to me last year when we were driving to dance class.
We were listening to Drew Holcomb's song "Wild World," a favorite of mine.

And there's a lyric in the second verse that goes like this:

"Whether or not you pray, black or white, straight or gay,
You still deserve the love of your neighbor."

Well. 

We're driving along and we come to that part of the song.
And as soon as those words are out, Claire, without skipping a beat, 
said out loud, with emphasis:

"Of COURSE you do!"

I love that she said those words, and I've thought about that little moment so many times.

I hope these four people in my care grow up to be good humans--people who treat others with kindness, respect, love, and compassion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...