Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last Night

Last night after dinner, we began a new tradition. 
Each night a different Christmas story.
I checked out a slew of them from library.
We read Rocking Horse Christmas and I loved it.  I thought it captured beautifully the magic of childhood, the fleeting nature of time, tucked into chronological Christmas bookends.

Then I tucked them all into bed and sat on the stair outside their bedrooms and sang them a new carol on my guitar.

And then was up into the wee hours addressing Christmas cards so I could send a bunch off today.
Hurray...they're gone!

If you want a lovely little folksy Christmas tune, go HERE and on the right side of the page you'll see the "Come Let Us Adore Him" album.  Click on the "Stars of Glory" track.  LOVE.  And "In The Bleak Midwinter."  And any others you might fancy...

Hope you are ready for December 1st.  I can't believe it's here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...