Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Sunday Funny

A week ago we were driving to my Mom's for Thanksgiving dinner.
I drove so Scott could read to the children (so we wouldn't end up with one of us carsick).  ;)
We were reading one of the Grimm Fairy Tales.
The children requested "Six Servants."

At the beginning of the tale, you read about a prince who has come from another land seeking the hand of a "dazzling" princess.  Her mother is a witch-queen who requires that any lad seeking her daughter has to accomplish three tasks.  The tasks are, of course, too difficult for any mortal to accomplish on their own.  So, of course, all previous gentlemen have failed.

When the prince arrives he says to the Witch Queen, "You have a beautiful Princess daughter.  I intend to win and wed her, and am ready for any task you may set me."

At which point, Scott stopped reading and turning around to the kids, said, "That's what I said to Poppi about your mom."  Then, as if talking to my dad, he continued, "You have a beautiful daughter.  I intend to win and wed her, and am ready for any task you may set me."
How gallant.
Pretty sure that's not how it went down, but oh boy.
It was funny, nonetheless.

I am glad, though, that he was willing to take a chance on me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...