Monday, December 12, 2011

Remembering Miracles

Last week at lunchtime we were eating waffles.
Benji said something about how he was going to do one of Jesus' miracles.
And then proceeded to break up his waffle into pieces.
 When I asked him which one, he made reference to the loaves and fishes.
But I think he may have had it slightly confused, because I think he also referred to Christ's miracle at Cana.
It has all been up for discussion the past couple weeks as we've been reading about the Savior's life.
I felt gratitude that these stories about Jesus are sticking.
Glad that it's coming up in his mind doing every-day things.
And grateful that he may be on the road to the symbolic.
My mind went there.

How Jesus multiplies for us.
How He can make something meager into something astonishing, beautiful, staggering.
How He feeds and nourishes, particularly emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.
His endless compassion.
How He can always make something more.

I think of one of my favorite scriptures where he said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 
(!!!!)

I hope Benji will someday grasp all of this and more.
And not just grasp it, but believe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...