Monday, April 02, 2012

Remembering Conference

As I'm sitting here attempting to get this post together, the boys are rambunctiously running around, loudly.  I'm trying to concentrate.  

Here are some pictures of a beautiful weekend.  I love conference time, and I'll post a few favorite segments when the full texts of the talks are released later this week.

But for now...some pictures.
 A beautiful Spring morning.
Food: waffles with cream and fruit and yummy syrups on Saturday morning at Papa's house.
Mimi, who told me at 6:30 in the morning on Saturday that she was going to wear a dress because it was conference.  And she did.
The children playing with blocks -- and all of us listening (and watching) the first session together.
 Warm gooey cinnamon rolls after the first session Sunday morning.
 Mr. C. and Isaiah preparing potatoes for dinner.
Benj coloring in his journal page by the fire while listening.
Roast, mashed potatoes, salad, and roasted asparagus (a favorite) for Sunday dinner.

Beautiful sunshine out one day, cooler (windy!) and fire in the fireplace the next.
We watched old family videos between sessions on Sunday.
Those cute little boys and one of Mia's first bath -- listening to her newborn baby sounds was priceless.

And this morning, we watched this friend at the feeder.  Isaiah came to get me because he wanted me to notice his "bright yellow chest." 
And now, off to start school.

Other plans today include: the children watching a DVD after their schoolwork is done about ancient Egypt, exercise, making cinnamon bread, preparing for family night and dinner, our good friends bringing us manure to spread on the garden so we can till it in and plant on Saturday.

Tonight we're going to be talking about Easter and reviewing the Savior's life.  I'm so excited.  I love being able to share my feelings about Jesus Christ, His life, and His mission with our family.  It is the most important knowledge I can give them, in addition to helping them recognize the Spirit in their lives.
Last night I thought of how we would focus on Easter each day this week with the children.
I'll post about that this week, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...