Friday, August 10, 2012

Warm July Sunday

I love Summer Sundays.
I guess I heart Sundays in general, but this particular picture belongs to a warm July Sunday memory.
A few weeks back, after dinner, Mr. C. was cleaning up dishes and I was reading to the children on our bed.
After a book or two, my eyelids were so heavy I told him I just had to lie down for a few minutes.
He took the kiddos downstairs to read some more to them and tuck them in bed, but returned an hour or so later with this little Miss.
She wanted to lie down with me and he wanted her to let me sleep.
I called her over and let her lay down with me and she was out in about two minutes.
I loved laying there with her in the crook of my arm, right close to my body, watching her sleep, feeling the peace.
Summer Sundays and the peace that accompanies them is worth just about any price.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...