Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Listening with my Heart

"And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, 'This is important!  And this is important!  And this is important! You need to worry about this!  And this!  And this!'  And each day, it's up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, 'No.  This is what's important.'"  
(Iain Thomas)

















I stumbled on this quote a while back and have been thinking about it ever since.

Usually when I'm off balance, it's because I have lost sight of focusing on heart(s).

I'm flustered by something that, in the end -- tomorrow or next week or next year -- won't matter anyway.

(Insert: logistics, a clean house, getting schoolwork done, exhaustion, some sass mouth from a child, the bickering that can sometimes seem incessant, those last few moments before you have time to yourself and your patience is waning...fill in the blank.)

When I'm quiet, my heart whispers and tells me what I need to do and what needs my time, where my focus needs to be.

I'm happiest when I do that.
Living that way means that my outside and my inside are in harmony.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...