Wednesday, April 01, 2015

A Good Woman

The other night I had gotten the kids in bed and really just wanted to crash.

But.
I peeled myself off my bed after getting Claire to sleep, and returned to the kitchen to clean up all the dinner stuff.
Then I got dressed, put my running shoes on, and slipped out into the night to run laps in front of my house.


Elder Christofferson quoted something that Sister Nadauld said that I have loved for years.

I still remember exactly where I was when she spoke these words for the first time.
I was in the basement at my dad's, together with members of my family.
I was sitting on the couch that was on the west wall.
I remember sizing myself up in comparison to the quote, wanting to be a good woman.

As I listened to this the other night, I found myself grateful for the reminder.
I came home, showered, and wrote it down, and it has taken residence on my fridge for now.
I believe in the power of tenderness, kindness, refinement, faith, goodness, virtue and purity.
For both women and men.
These attributes, when applied, change the world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...