Wednesday, November 11, 2015

TBT

I looked back in Picasa tonight at photos from a year ago today.
These.

I remember exactly what was going on.
It was after dinner.
Music was on.
I was chasing her round and round the front room.

She was running and laughing.




You know, as a parent, you could talk about a lot of things.
It's exhausting, and there's always more to do than can be done.
It can be so totally emotionally draining.
You lose sleep.
Sometimes you don't know what to do. 
No one prepared you for the ways it would stretch you,
the way it would bring out the best and the worst you have to offer.

But, you know what?  

I look at these photos of my smallest daughter tonight, and my heart kind of weeps.

Weeps, because the time is going.

But weeps because there has been SO MUCH JOY.

They are joy.

They are my best teachers.

I can't think of a single thing I wish I would have done instead, or a single place I would rather be.
I can't think of one other thing I'd rather do.

What an incredible ride.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...