Friday, March 04, 2016

Creative Play

We have been graced with some seriously gorgeous weather the last week and a half, folks.
Like, wow.

Beautiful beautiful, especially for the end of February.
And March hasn't disappointed so far.

The other day I was sitting at the kitchen table in the early afternoon.
I was writing an article for work, sitting in the sunshine as it streamed in through the window.

I stopped at one point to make a bag of popcorn and take it out to the kids who were busy outside.  
I snapped some photos, because they had created this whole shindig on the deck, and I hadn't even noticed.


And then, a while later, I snapped these photos through the window of this guy making his way around the yard on his bike.

And last week, when I went outside, I found them busy kitchening, setting up their own stations and busy creating.

And I thought about this quote by Fred Rogers that I totally love:

"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning.
But for children, play is serious learning.
Play is really the work of childhood."
Honestly, who could give a care about school work on a day when they could be out using their minds like this---

stretching their limbs, 
being imaginative,
breathing fresh air,
soaking in sunshine?

Yes.
Play is the work of childhood.
That's their job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...