Wednesday, December 21, 2016

So Worth It

On the night before her birthday a couple of weeks ago, Claire made me laugh out loud.
We had climbed into my bed, she and I, and I was asking her what she knew about the day she was born.  

She recollected, wrongly, that she was born in the hospital.

To prompt her in the right direction, I asked her where I was when she came out of me.  

Her: "In the bathtub."

Me: "I was in the bathtub. That's true."

And then, she surprised me and I started to laugh when she offered up this little gem:

"You were like, '(Grunt)...it's SO HARD to get out this baby!'"

The grunt was accompanied by a funny, uncomfortable, grimacing expression on her face.

After I stopped laughing, I told her that's kind of how it went down---
that it was pretty painful.

But I also told her 
she was worth it.
  
So worth it.
And this picture is blurry, but it's from four years ago today, when she was just new.

She's much bigger now, and she's a bucket of sass and joy, 
but I love her so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...