Sunday, October 22, 2017

Thank you

I hiked high up into the mountains yesterday seeking solitude, clarity, and peace. 
The air was crisp, I met several deer, walked through a continuous, sweeping graveyard of leaves, 
 thought about life, and death, and love,
and my fingers swelled and stung with cold all the way down as the sun set and I was in the shadow of towering canyon walls. 
 Thank you, God, for this stunningly beautiful earth, 
for creating quiet, holy spaces for me, and for the work, joy, struggle, beauty, pain, and questions that are part of living. 
Thank you for filling my life with meaning, and for letting me have the experience of trying to figure things out--however clumsily I do so. 
And thank you for hope and faith, those two lights that always remind me to look higher and believe, trust in the greater story, and watch as things unfold. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...