Saturday, October 28, 2017

Rhyming

Claire and I got home from dropping the kids off to school on Thursday morning. 
We ate oatmeal together at the kitchen table, and then went outside to retrieve a couple of onions and some carrots from the garden that is almost over.
Came inside, chopped them up with celery, garlic, and red bell pepper, and then threw it all in the crockpot with split peas, water, spices, and chicken bouillon.
I made artisan bread dough and stuck it on the table to rise, and then cleaned up the kitchen.

Then Little Miss and I went into another room and began sorting clothes, a project I HATE.
Let me say this: hate is a strong word, but I am totally intentional here.
When I think of tasks I don't like, this ranks right up there.
When you have to pull down clothes, decide what you're keeping, what you're discarding, what's going to DI, and then clean out drawers to make room for the next size/season of clothes, get them washed, put them away, etc.?

Excuse my French, but it's a pain in the butt.
Flat. out. tedious.
(Ugh and eye roll.) 

What's a girl to do, though?
It had to be done.

So, there we were. I'm dumping out bags and sorting, Claire is oohing and ahhing over various articles and trying stuff on.
At one point she put on a shirt, and I think it might have been made out of wool.

(And here's where I insert that they've clearly been discussing rhyming in preschool and Claire is absolutely taking it to heart. I heard about it one day after I'd picked her up and we were driving home, and another time she ran into the laundry room to inform me that sandwich and witch rhyme. Indeed.
So, clearly, it's on the brain. Hers, that is.
She's trying words on for size.
And now, back to sorting.)

She puts on a shirt.
And I hear her say, kind of muttering to herself, completely oblivious to the expletive: 

"Well this shirt is
itchy bitchy."

And you know what?
I started to quietly laugh and didn't say a word.
And I'm still laughing.

Childhood is beautiful.

#ohmygoshiloveher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...