Monday, December 18, 2017

A Brave Woman

A couple of weeks ago at 1:12 a.m., I was sitting in my front room by the Christmas tree and sent a quick note to my mother who lives halfway around the world. 
I was thinking about what I've learned from her, mostly as I've watched how she has lived her life. 
My mom's a brave and strong woman, and she has been through a lot. 
 Dear Mom,

I meant to email you this morning and then things got going with my day and I didn't get to it. I'm emailing now, late, before I go to bed. All I have to say is this:
I love you.
And I appreciate you. 
Your life and example continue to shape how I look at the world, and I'm grateful for the ways that you inspire me:
To take steps into the dark,
to examine your questions, 
to be authentic, honest, and vulnerable, 
to do the hard thing, 
to not make fun of another's weakness,
to love learning, 
to live in simplicity while acknowledging, 
in the same breath, 
gratitude and abundance;
these things and more.

xoxo

E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...