Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Why I love green

Yesterday I went upstairs, to my old bedroom, to water my plants. This is where they always were when I lived here pre-marriage, and where they have returned while we live here again. I was reminded why I love the color green.
Energy.
Beauty.
Growth.
Living.
Breathing.
Oxygen.
Alive.
Cleansing.
Metamorphosis.
Change.
Feeling connected to the earth.
I love the way you can stop and listen after you water plants, hearing the water seep into the dirt in the pots. That lovely drinking sound. I love when the growth is enough that you can repot them, letting the roots go from a round-and-round crunched state to a place they can stretch out and grow again. Just now, that made me wonder...How do I need to be "re-potted," so to speak, so my roots are forced to stretch out, allowing me to shoot up in height? How can I drink from living waters?

Why do you love green?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...