Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Picking and Invitation Making

On Saturday night, we went to pick our pumpkins.
We came home and ate Tillamook's Udderly Chocolate ice cream -- some chose it with rootbeer on top for a float, others of us drizzled ours with chocolate and caramel sauce.

Yesterday after church I had apple butter cooking on the stove all day.
We made invitations for our family trick-or-treat party on Halloween.
It was really fun.Foam stickers.
Markers.
Putting them in envelopes.
Today we're biking down to the post office to mail them.

And I just have to highlight one of my all-time loves of fall that I thought about again on our afternoon walk yesterday post invitation-making.
This.
I glory in these always.
Bright, brilliant, blazing yellow.
A wish of mine?
One day, if we ever own a chunk of property, I'd plant a whole line of them all down the property line just so that I could see this glorious light, every year, for a few weeks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...