Saturday, January 10, 2015

Broken

I had a broken kind of day today.

Feeling brokenhearted, hollow, sad and empty.
And, in addition to that, feeling not enough, in many ways.
A day where I'm not sure, in my heart, if the desires I most want will ever happen.

Maybe that sounds dramatic---but when you're low, these feelings can be overwhelming.

I can't be the only person who feels this way.

I do, today, and probably for the next while.  I don't know for how long.

So.

All I have to share is another quote by Elder Holland that I read tonight.

It's beautiful, and gives me something to hope for and to believe in when my mortal eyes can't see how it could possibly happen.

Maybe it may lift any of you who might be feeling the same way.

"...someone wrote once that God apparently loves---and turns to our benefit---broken things.  It takes broken clouds to nourish the earth, it takes broken earth to grow grain, it takes broken grain to make bread, it takes broken bread to nourish us, and so are the cycles of life.  This divine sequence is akin to the Savior's parable that no kernel of corn can grow to fruition until it is first thrown away and, in effect, lost in the earth before its bounty can come back to us. ...It may be that among all the broken things God loves, He loves a broken heart most of all.  So when our day...comes---and perhaps sorrow will come with it---be trusting and be believing.  Know that God will accept your offering and that, through the great miracle of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, He will give your heart back to you healed and whole. ...By His grace and the goodness of God, all broken vessels are fully repaired."
(from his book For Times of Trouble, pg. 70)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...