Thursday, January 08, 2015

This is Truth

Sometimes those close to you can really just say it how it is.

A few weeks back, this lady and I were on our way to Costco.
I don't even remember what we were discussing (must have been something regarding yummy calories), but she turned to me at one point and said, 

"Mom...you reeeeeeeeaaaaalllly like food."

Which totally cracked me up.
And, you know what?  It's true.

When I look back through my pics on my iPhone, there are a lot of pictures of food.

These are just in the last month, and I'm not posting birthday cake pics and German pancakes that were already posted here.

Roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, salad, and roasted cauliflower:
 Vegetarian taco salad:
 Oatmeal with cream, brown sugar, and pecans
(although my favorite way is with fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas with raw almonds and honey):
 Potpie with gravy and salad and roasted carrots, cauliflower and onions:
 Homemade truffles: Dark chocolate orange, peppermint, and chocolate cream, rolled in pecans:
 A tunafish sandwich with potato chips tucked inside:
 Orange rolls rising on Christmas Eve morning:
 Huge pan of potatoes ready for roasting:
 Russian tea:
 Pomegranates...because I always think they're so beautiful:
 Cherry pie:
 Dinner rolls on Christmas:
 Chocolate chip cookies from just the other day:

Yup...she pretty much couldn't be more right.

I love to talk food, love to make food, love to eat food.

It's such a happy part of life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...