Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Shout Out To Happy

2014 was such a crazy crazy difficult year.
And when I put bold pink and purple (as opposed to more calming colors as is my usual trend) on my mantle for January 1, I kind of thought it was a symbolic SHOUT OUT to say, "This year is going to be GOOD.  
We got this!  We are gonna ROCK THIS."

Which brings me to this.  Another theme for the year.

Every time we play this song, we can't help but dance and move.
Every time.

Yesterday, I turned it on in the middle of the day, and ALL of us grooved as we listened to it, over and over.
Check out how Claire grooves in the beginning of this video.
SHE cracks me up and makes me happy.
The expression on her face is like she owns the place.
(Which, she kind of does.)
I found myself thinking, "YES."

This needs to be one of the goals of the year.

Rejoice in what is happy.

"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof...
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth...
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you...
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do..."

Because here's the truth.

Even tho there are dark days and hours (and years, sometimes!), there are so many things that yell happy.

Light.
Love.
Laughter.
Friendship.
Beauty.
Dancing.
Good books.
Food.
Fresh air.
Music.
Faith.
Sunshine.
Or, a big bowl of beautiful fruit that reminds you of one word:

Abundance.

Gratitude makes one feel so very, very rich.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...